We'll talk about two efficient ways to export Outlook OST files to PST in this article. Simply read the entire article and follow the instructions. Export PST files from any version of Microsoft Outlook compatible. Use the application in an expert-recommended manner to save OST files to PST.
Business enterprises and workplaces frequently utilize MS Outlook as their email software for communication. The majority of users set up their accounts with Microsoft Exchange Server, which syncs data and stores it in Offline Storage Table (.ost) file format. On a hard disc, an offline OST file stores data.
Each time a user signs in using an IMAP account, data is synced and downloaded in the OST file format to the machine. The addition of fresh emails, reports, meeting requests, etc., helps to maintain data currently in the mailbox.
When a user sets up an IMAP-configured account, it can occasionally also function as a web server-based application and store syncing data in (.ost) format.
However, these files can become unavailable in a number of different circumstances. The user needs to transfer the OST file to PST in order to handle the problem. such that offline access to the data is simple. I'll discuss two ways to export Outlook OST files to PST format in the part below.
Why Does the User Need to Transfer OST Files into PST Format?
The user may need to save an Exchange IMAP .ost to .pst for a variety of reasons, some of which are covered here.
- The sudden failure of the MS Exchange server can occur for a number of causes, including:
When data becomes unavailable and the screen shows error warnings continuously, such situations can be challenging to manage.
- Retrieving mailbox data on Exchange Server may occasionally be challenging due to maintenance and unavailability. Data with the .ost extension is rendered inaccessible when it is placed in the mailbox and synchronized with the server. To access the data, the user needs to export their emails from OST to PST file type.
- Corrupted or unintentionally lost data can also be retrieved when users export Outlook OST files to PST format.
- The movement of data benefits from OST to PST conversion. It is simple to migrate PST data from one location to another when a user wishes to move from one location to another.
- When an Exchange profile is inactive, an orphan OST file results. You are left with no choice except to export the orphaned OST file to PST format in order to access the entire file's contents.
Best Way to Transfer Outlook OST to PST Format
Now, we are aware of the proper time to export Outlook OST files to PST files. However, we will go through many approaches to saving OST data to PST in the next section.
- Save Outlook OST Files to PST by Manually
- Export Outlook OST Files to PST File by Automatic Solution
Method 1: Save Outlook OST Files to PST by Manually
Your PC has to be set up with Outlook and connected to the MS Exchange server in order to transfer OST files to PST files manually. The stages for the following technique are as follows:
- You must first launch Microsoft Outlook before clicking "File" and choosing the "Import/Export" option.
- A new conversation box appears and requests that you "Choose an action to carry out." Choose "Export to a File" and continue.
- You must select the file type to import on the next screen and then Select "Outlook data file (.pst)" and then click "Next."
- Select the folder from which to export data, then click "Next."
- After selecting "Allow duplicates to be made" from the options, click "Finish."
- A new pop-up window will then appear and request an optional password. You may proceed without going in it with ease.
Limitations of Manual Solutions
The manual approach we explained above to export OST to PST without Outlook has significant disadvantages, which are listed below:
- Outlook Account configuration is required on the machine.
- The system has to be connected to the MS Exchange Server.
- The lengthy procedure is contrasted with manual processes.
- risk of data corruption or loss.
- require a technical specialist to carry out the process.
Method 2: Export Outlook OST Files to PST File by Automatic Solution
It is advised that we utilize an automated tool to export OST to PST without Outlook in order to get around the restrictions.
One of the greatest third-party tools that helps a user and makes this procedure simple is 4n6 OST to PST Converter Software. In just a few easy steps, it completes the transferring procedure without any dangers or mistakes.
This software saves OST mailboxes to files with the PST file extension. Additionally, it enables us to restore, back up, and extract any component of offline OST files.
Additionally useful to export Outlook OST files to PST without imposing file size restrictions. Before conversion, it offers a glimpse of data like emails, contacts, calendars, or other mailbox items.
Additionally, this application may save OST files in a variety of file types, including EML, MBOX, PST, PDF, HTML, Text, CSV, vCard, ICS, Office 365, Gmail, and IMAP. Additionally, it offers a sample edition that is free but only allows you to export the top 10 items from each folder. If the user is happy, they can choose a licensed version that is offered at reasonable pricing.
Note: If you want to know more about this professional software, so Click on this link: 4n6 OST File Converter Software
Guidance on How to Use OST to PST Exporter Software
- Firstly, go to the official product page and then download & install this software
- After that, click the open button and then upload the .ost files into the software panel
- Thereafter, click the Export button and then select the PST option
- Finally, Select the destination path for the resultant pst files and then hit the Save button
Some Features of OST to PST Exporter Software
There are several restrictions on the Outlook Import/Export function. To get around them, utilize OST to PST exporter software.
- OST file conversion without Outlook
- IMAP configuration and the same profile are not necessary.
- Large OST Files Can Be saved Without Any Restrictions
- Orphaned OST File to PST Format Conversion
- Export an offline, unreadable, corrupt OST file
Though they have certain drawbacks, manual approaches are process-free and aid in conversion. If MS Outlook is set up with Exchange Server on your machine, you may manually export Outlook OST files to PST for free. These procedures often take longer.
A more convenient and 2 efficient way to transfer your OST file emails to PST is by using third-party software. Because of its advanced capabilities and user-friendly interface, we suggest utilizing this tool. Utilize this dependable and effective program to manage your important data.